October 21—The weekend of October 22-23 will be a busy weekend for the Cobb County Public Library with a Fall One Book, One City author event, music and dance concert, pumpkin challenge, workshop on plants and landscape and library teams will welcome the public at special events in community parks.
The weekend program includes:
– The Powder Springs community’s One Book, One City: Tween Challenge event and book signing featuring award-winning author Reem Faruqi on October 22 at 11 a.m. at the Hardy Family Automotive Amphitheater in Thurman Springs Park, 4485 Pineview Drive in Powder Springs. The book selection is “Unsettled”, a story of Nurah as she struggles to adapt to change in a new world after her family moves from Karachi, Pakistan to Peachtree City. The event is part of the city’s Fall Festival Trunk-or-Treat, from 10 a.m. to noon. One Book, One City is a joint venture of the City of Powder Springs, local bookstore Book Worm, and the Powder Springs Public Library. For more information, call 770-439-3600.
– The Electronic Dance Music Concert featuring Phantasm begins October 22 at 5 p.m. at the Sewell Mill Library, 2051 Lower Roswell Road in Marietta. The library’s in-house DJ will be playing their original music for the free family event for all ages. For more information, call 770-509-2711.
– Cobb County UGA Extension will present a free fall program for planning and planting on Oct. 22 at 11 a.m. at the North Cobb Regional Library, 3535 Old 41 Highway in Kennesaw. For more information, call 770-801-5320.
– The Exploring Virtual Reality demonstration with a full set of VR for customers to try out will take place October 22 from 1-4 p.m. at the Vinings Library, 4290 Paces Ferry Road in Vinings. For more information, call 770-801-5330.
– Teen Saturday walk-in movie starts Oct. 22 at noon at the Switzer Library, 266 Roswell Street in Marietta. For more information, call 770-528-2320.
– A busy Saturday is expected for the Cobb Library Bookmobile team at the Cobb Safety Village Truck A Palooza event on October 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in downtown Cobb Mall, 390 Ernest W. Barrett Parkway NW to Kennesaw. Admission is $5 per person; $20 per family, up to six family members. Children under 2 years old are free. All proceeds benefit the Cobb County Safety Village. For more information, visit cobbcounty.org/safetyvillage.
– The Cobb Library Bookmobile Team will also appear at the Cobb County PARKS Fall Festival of Fun drive-in on October 22 from 6-10 p.m. at the Jim R. Miller Park and Event Center, 2245 Callaway Road in Marietta. For more information, visit cobbcounty.org/parks.
– Pumpkin entries decorated as book characters for the second annual Swiss Pumpkin Challenge will be accepted anytime by October 24 from the Children’s Department of the Swiss Library in downtown Marietta. For more information, call 770-528-2331.
Sunday hours for the Switzer, West Cobb, South Cobb, and Mountain View libraries are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.