The use of AI in the Indian education sector has truly reinvented traditional forms of learning
The impact of artificial intelligence as a robust technology can be seen in various industry verticals. Despite its widespread lack of familiarity across various platforms, there’s no denying that AI is transforming all walks of life. It’s a far-reaching tool that empowers people to rethink the way we integrate information, analyze data, and use the resulting insights to improve decision-making.
Over the past few years, India has been striving to revolutionize its technological infrastructure to enable the growth the country needs. The spread of digital technologies, along with advances in energy and genomics, can increase the productivity of business and agriculture in India, redefine how services such as healthcare and education are provided and contribute to improving the standard of living of millions of Indians. residing in the country. For India, domestic companies are using AI to utilize its adjacent technologies such as machine learning, deep learning, automation, computer vision, etc.
The use of artificial intelligence in education has revolutionized education systems with better reach and execution. For India, AI referred to instructional technology as it is the practice of designing, developing, using and managing processes and resources for learning. As the pandemic has forced the delivery of online courses, technology has played a vital role in ensuring that students can enjoy the maximum knowledge they acquire during this time and it is also convenient for educators to deliver education to children stuck at home.
AI is the catalyst for improving online education. It can catalyze the online education market in India which is expected to boom in the coming years. While it is true that AI is here to advance the future prospects of education in the country, the role of teachers is irreplaceable. Artificial intelligence technology is expected to fill gaps in the methodology and delivery of learning and teaching. With the help of AI, students can get personalized curricula, tests, learning methods, and delivery.
While the use of artificial intelligence in the education sector in India has brought forth an array of advancements and challenges for educators and students in India. These key pointers reveal the real statistics and impact of AI in Indian education.
• The majority of respondents (46.3%) who responded to this survey are pursuing bachelor’s studies, while 34.1% of them are pursuing master’s studies.
• A majority of respondents (39%) agree that AI is extremely crucial for students in this modern tech-driven era.
• Over 63.4% of the total respondents agreed that artificial intelligence is changing the study and learning habits of Indian students. On the other hand, 31.7% of respondents are unsure about the implications of AI in students’ study and learning patterns.
• Of the 241 respondents, over 46.3% believe that AI can determine school dropout rates in India, while 29.3% of them are unsure of its implications.
• Brainly leads in acceptance of AI-based educational apps with over 57.1% market share, followed by Netex Learning at 19%. But a majority of respondents (65.9%) also agreed to be unfamiliar with AI-based educational apps.
• Over 46.3% of the respondents agreed that artificial intelligence is the future of education in India, while 41.5% of them have a neutral view on AI which will make a difference in the Indian education sector in the future.
Share this article
Do the sharing
About the Author
More info about the author